Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Sad Day

The sun was shining today for the first time in a while but I attended the funeral of a friend so it seemed a little gloomy. 
When someone passes away at a young age, it just doesn't seem real. And it makes you question what you are doing with your life. That's exactly what has happened to me. 
I have realized in the last two weeks that I don't spend enough time with my friends and my family. Everything else always seems so much more important or I'm just tired. But I am realizing that I don't want to have regrets... I don't want to think, when someone passes away... why didn't I see them more often? I want to be able to say that I think I was a good friend and I enjoyed the time that I spent with them. 
Funerals make you consider a lot of things.... and maybe it shouldn't take a funeral to make you realize what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment