Friday, May 10, 2013

Customer Service





Hey there Bloggers! 
Working in the position that I do, I believe that customer service is HUGE. I can't say it enough. But sometimes it seems very lacking in a lot of businesses. Especially in big box stores. 
Well I want to share the best customer service experience I have had in a very long time...
I got a call yesterday at work from a co-worker who knew that I was looking for a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. She called to tell me that Michael's had them on sale but the sale ended yesterday. Unfortunately she said that none of the local stores had them in stock. 
So after work I traveled to the closest store to see if I could get a raincheck, pay for it and receive it when it comes in, or something...
Well apparently Michael's no longer offers rainchecks. However David, the assistant manager, said that he would do whatever it takes to get me my Cameo and at the sale price too. As it turned out, there was one more machine and another store. David offered to drive there himself and get the machine for me and if turned out that store didn't have it, there was one at a store on the other side of the city that he would drive to on the weekend and get it for me. Plus I would get the sale price. 
This morning I got a call from David that he had gone later last night and retrieved my machine for me.
this gentleman didn't know me and was under no obligation to go to that much trouble. But he did.. And he and his store have earned a customer for life. I appreciate what he did for me and I would recommend his store to anyone. 
So if you are in the area say hi to David at the Country Hills Michael's store.

No comments:

Post a Comment